APPLICATION WILL GO LIVE AUGUST 1ST 6:00 AM
Rules and Regulations:
- There will only be eight riders per performance (24 TOTAL). Conflicts will be resolved by Arena Manager if necessary. In 2017 there will be 3 performances, Friday Night, Sept.22nd 7:30 PM; Saturday, Sept. 23rd 1:00 PM and 7:30 PM – NO SUNDAY PERFORMANCE.
- Must weigh 50 pounds or less on date of ride and be at least three years of age.
- Rehearsal will be 6:00PM (Sharp) Thursday, September 21, 2017 at the rodeo grounds (Poway Valley Riders Association, 14336 Tierra Bonita Rd. Poway) . The riders will see the sheep and the chutes at that time. We will be explaining the entire process and requirements. At least one parent and the child must attend. Weigh in of all riders will be done at this time. Non-attendance at this meeting may void riding date.
- There is a $20.00 entry fee for Mutton Busters. (Checks made out to Poway Rodeo or PRPP) Entry fee is nonrefundable.
- All riders must be in approved arena attire(long sleeves, jeans, boots) and wearing a riding helmet or a bicycle helmet will be required. (PRCA arena requirements)
Questions: email [email protected]
- Must complete & submit the following before September 1st, 2017
- Application Form
- Proof of insurance
- Minor release
- Full Payment $20.00
- Filling out the application form on the Poway Rodeo Website is ONLY the FIRST step in the application process – this holds your spot until you submit all the documents and payment by mail before September 1st, 2017.
- IMPORTANT – PRINT THE ONLINE APPLICATION after filling it out (BEFORE YOU CLICK SUBMIT)– this application MUST be SIGNED by a PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN and submitted along with the SIGNED MINOR RELEASE , PROOF OF INSURANCE (copy of insurance card is acceptable), and full payment.
- You may be required to provide proof of age verification.
You are not done until :
YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL ITEMS ARE SIGNED AND RECEIVED BY THE RODEO ARENA MANAGER BY SEPTEMBER 1st, 2017.
All documents must be sent by MAIL ONLY to:
PO Box 853
Poway, CA 92074-0853
Minor Release to Print: *****
Once your application has been approved, the rider will receive 2 rodeo tickets (one for the rider/one for the parent/guardian/guest).
Entries are full for 2016 . Please come back next year.