- This event has passed.
So You Think You Can Sing VII
July 1, 2017 @ 8:30 pm - September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 pm
Get your singing voices ready…
…2017 is the seventh year Poway Rodeo and Kaminski’s BBQ is holding a singing competition with winners singing the National Anthem at the Poway Rodeo AND a San Diego Gulls game!
We want to hear your vocal talents compete in a chance to perform in front of thousands of people at these two high-energy venues!
Poway Days is a huge supporter of the arts as well as developing talent within our community. That is why we are proud to announce that performers are now competing to sing at a 2017-2018 season game of the San Diego Gulls and the Poway Parade, as well as the Poway Rodeo.
There is no entry fee, making SYTYCS accessible to any qualifying singer, from powerhouse tiny tots to seasoned adults.
So sign up and let your voice be heard…
…YOU could be Poway’s next superstar!
• So You Think You Can Sing is open to any local singing enthusiast
• Junior - 15 & under
• Open - All age groups
• All singers must attend a qualifying round (see below)
• After a singer has registered for their qualifying night, they will come prepared to sing a song of their choice
• Each qualifying night will produce two finalists from each category who will go on to perform at the finals
• For the twelve (12) finalists, this is a private performance scored by judges. Each singer will sing the National Anthem acapella at 2:00pm on September 16
• The finale will feature the same 12 finalists, singing a song of their choice at the Poway Community Park during SeptemberFest at 5:00pm
All the qualifying rounds take place at Kaminski’s BBQ
• Friday, August 18 at 8:30 PM
• Friday, August 25 at 8:30 PM
• Friday, September 1 at 8:30 PM
• Judging of all contestants are in the areas of vocals and accuracy, presentation, and audience appeal.
• The three (3) singers with the most points earned during their qualifying night will perform at the Poway Days Parade and compete in the finals for a chance to sing at the Rodeo.
• This year we are introducing the Fan Favorite prize available in the Open category ONLY. In addition to the judges scoring, attending fans will be able to vote for their favorite performer. Those scores will be added to judge’s scores in order to determine who will sing at the Gulls game.
• 1st Place will sing at 1:00 PM, September 23 at the Poway Rodeo
• Qualifying Round winners will sing at 9:00, September 9 at the Poway Parade (at different points along the route)
• 1st Place will sing 7:30 PM, September 23 at the Poway Rodeo
• 2nd Place will sing 7:30 PM, September 22 at the Poway Rodeo
• Fan Favorite winner will sing at the San Diego Gulls game during the 2017-2018 season!
There are two ways to sign up for the contest:
- print the registration form below, scan and mailto:[email protected] or
- click on this link https://powaydays.com/forms/so-you-think-you-can-sing